Pharmacist Evaluating Examination sample question Biomedical sciences PART 1
Categories: WORLD EDUATION NEWS
The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
22 .Which of the following medications induces an isoform of cytochrome P450?
23 Diazepam Injection U.S.P
Diazepam 5 mg/ml
Propylene glycol 40%
Benzyl alcohol 1.5%
Water for Injection qs 100%
In the formulation given above, propylene glycol functions as a(n):
24 .Which of the following directly influences the in vitro physical stability of an oil-in-water emulsion in
which the drug is incorporated in the dispersed phase?
- Amount of preservative added
- Molecular weight of the drug
- Solubility of the emulsifier in water
- Particle size of the internal phase
- Type of suspending agent used
25 .Abatacept acts by:
- stimulating adenosine receptors.
- binding to MHC Class II on B cells.
- inhibiting B cell receptors.
- activating T cell receptors.
- binding CD80/86 on antigen-presenting cells.