Pharmacist Evaluating Examination sample question Biomedical sciences PART 1
Categories: WORLD EDUATION NEWS
The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
1 Folic acid has tetrahydrofolate coenzyme activity which is based on the:
- pyrimidine ring.
- purine ring.
- pyrazine ring.
- pteridine ring.
- pyridine ring.
2 Which of the following releases enkephalins?
- Pineal gland
- Thyroid gland
- Periaqueductal grey matter
- Reticular activating system
- Pituitary gland
3 β-Carotene is the precursor of:
- retinoic acid.
4 Which of the following statements regarding transcription is correct?
- The enzyme responsible for initiating transcription is RNA polymerase.
- The enzyme responsible for initiating transcription is DNA polymerase.
- During transcription, the genetic information contained in the nucleotide sequence of tRNA is
translated into a protein structure.
- The process of transcription includes the splicing of exons.
- Following initiation, the next stage of transcription is termination.
5 Which of the following organisms is an obligate intracellular bacteria, making it resistant to cell
- Escherichia coli
- Legionella pneumophila
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae