Pharmacist Evaluating Examination sample question Biomedical sciences PART 1
Categories: WORLD EDUATION NEWS
The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
16 .Achieving a high level of herd immunity is an important public health strategy because it:
- reduces immunization costs in communities.
- enhances individual immunologic responses.
- facilitates animal handling.
- protects people who cannot be immunized.
- requires fewer booster doses.
17 .All of the following statements concerning the lyophilization of a parenteral product are correct,
- there is minimal loss of activity in heat labile materials.
- the liquid must be frozen to below the eutectic temperature.
- the solute usually forms an amorphous glass.
- the eutectic temperature is the freezing point of the drug solution.
- water is removed from the frozen mixture by sublimation.
18 .Dopamine is useful in the treatment of cardiogenic shock because it:
- selectively dilates renal and mesenteric vascular beds.
- does not induce peripheral vasoconstriction.
- decreases the force of myocardial contraction.
- delays the atrioventricular (AV) conduction time.
- prolongs the QT interval on the ECG.
19 .Concentration of a drug in breast milk exceeds that in plasma, if the drug:
- is basic.
- is protein bound.
- is acidic but not protein bound.
- has a small volume of distribution.
- has a large volume of distribution.
20 Drug A is administered by continuous IV infusion at a rate of 2 mg/min. It has an average half-life of
1.5 h and a volume of distribution of 150 L in an average 70 kg patient. Using this information, what
is the steady-state concentration of Drug A in plasma?
- 1.5 mg/L
- 1.7 mg/L
- 2.1 mg/L
- 2.4 mg/L
- 2.7 mg/L