The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada solved paper Section 5
Categories: PEBC Exam Canada
The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada solved paper Section 1
Skill 2: Patient Consideration
1-The drug specialist fills a remedy for sumatriptan 100 mg tablets for a patient with headache. Proper data to give to the patient incorporates which of the accompanying?
- In the event that the sumatriptan doesn't alleviate the cerebral pain in something like four hours, ergotamine might be utilized.
- On the off chance that no help is accomplished in two hours, a portion of 200 mg ought to be taken.
- In the event that the migraine returns, a portion of 100 mg can be rehashed two hours after the primary portion.
- The greatest measurement of sumatriptan 100 mg in any 24-hour time frame is six tablets.
2-JG has been taking metoclopramide 10 mg po q6h for the beyond three days as a component of her chemotherapy routine. She typically requires four portions everyday, 30 minutes preceding feasts and at sleep time. Today, she neglected to take her morning portion prior to venturing out from home for an emergency clinic examination. At the point when she shows up at the facility, she asks the drug specialist what she ought to do about her missed portion, as she hopes to be home again around 11:00 am. The drug specialist ought to encourage JG to:
- take the missed portion promptly when she returns home and go on as planned.
- take two portions at noon to compensate for the missed portion.
- skirt the missed portion and take the following planned portion at noon.
- space four portions into the leftover hours between when JG returns home and her sleep time.
3-EK is a 25 year old female who presents to the drug store mentioning Plan B (levonorgestrel) for crisis contraception following an episode of unprotected sex 12 hours prior. Subsequent to talking with EK, the drug specialist concludes she is a decent possibility to get Plan B. The drug specialist ought to incorporate which of the accompanying directing data for EK?
- Require one tablet everyday for three successive days.
- A pregnancy test ought to be completed five days in the wake of finishing Plan B
- Plan B will safeguard EK from pregnancy because of unprotected intercourse until her next menses.
- EK might encounter detecting a couple of days in the wake of taking Arrangement B
4-Following a drug specialist's meeting of a patient found in an asthma facility, which of the accompanying discoveries ought to be recorded in the "plan" part of the Cleanser design notes?
- Nighttime side effects
- Aspiratory test results
- Dyspnea on effort
- Audit of inhaler procedure at following visit
5-For a youngster with asthma, which of the accompanying elements is a mark of unfortunate control?
- Number of colds encountered every year
- Need for utilization of a spacer gadget with inhalers
- Arousing around evening time with asthma side effects
- Keeping one canister of salbutamol at home and one at school